The M.Com Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Commerce (M.Com) is a 2 year full time campus professional program offered by the University designed to allow students to acquire an applied understanding of business concepts and practices. The course will equip students with the skills and knowledge required for a high-level position in industry, business and government or as base for further research in the future.Duration
Two yearsAward of Degree:
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded the " Master of Commerce " Degree by the University.Eligibility :
Pass in graduate in Commerce or an allied discipline with minimum 40% of aggregate marks. Graduates from other disciplines may submit an application to the Registrar for special consideration. Final year students awaiting results may also apply.Program Structure :
The M.Com Program is organized into 4 semesters in two years. Candidates are required to complete 12 Core Papers and three electives. Students are additionally required to complete a Master’s research project and a Postgraduate Dissertation.Electives :
Personal Finance; New Venture Creation; Taxation; Computer Applications in Business; Marketing Research; Consumer Behavior.Semester-IV :
Financial Services; Project Management; Strategic Human Resource Management; Training and Development; Insurance Management.'
The program structure is subject to change (if required).
|MCom Program Structure|
- Pass in Graduation (in relevant discipline) with minimum 40% aggregate marks (45% for MBA). Final year degree students awaiting results may also apply.
- For the purpose of determining eligibility based on aggregate percentage of marks, the procedure used by the respective University in award of the degree will only be taken into consideration. All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of formal schooling by August 07, 2017. Applicants who have completed their graduation on a one-time sitting basis or on a 2-year basis are not eligible for admission to the MBA Program.
- Students in their final year bachelor's degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements including practical examinations/ viva assignments before August 07, 2017. Such applicants will have to produce a certificate to that effect at the time of admission. The admission of applicants will, however, remain provisional until they produce marksheets and a degree certificate establishing their eligibility. The registration of the applicants not meeting the criteria by October 13, 2017 will be cancelled.
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of applications and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra cocurricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification. The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Mizoram in any course of ICFAI University, Mizoram or in a constituent college, within the State of Mizoram, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subjectto the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
APPLICATION MODALITIESGuidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Enclose a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of 'The ICFAI University, Mizoram - Fee Collection A/c', payable at Aizawl).
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of 'The ICFAI University, Mizoram - Fee Collection A/c'
, payable at Aizawl)) may be submitted at:
Address : Durtlang North, Aizawl, Mizoram - 796025.
Phone : 0389- 2361231/322
Mail : email@example.com
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of Rs. 10,000 for MBA and Rs. 5,000 for all the other PG programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced. The last date for payment is July 28, 2017.Caution Deposit :
All students are required to pay a Caution Deposit of Rs. 5,000 along with the First Semester Fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.Program Fee :
Students should pay the fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The First Semester Fee is to be paid on or before August 07, 2017 failing which, penalty will be charged as per University rules.
|MSW / M.Com / MSc (Geography) MA (Pol. Sc) / MA (English) MA (Education) / MA (History) (4 Semesters)|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||49,750||61,000||15,000||17,600|
|Total Program Fee (Rs.)||1,99,000||2,44,000||60,000||70,400|
All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Mizoram - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Aizawl, Mizoram.
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||July 14, 2017|
|Interview and Admission Decision on or before||July 21, 2017|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||July 28, 2017|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of Certificates and Verification by producing originals||July 28, 2017|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||August 07, 2017|
|Registration and payment of First Semester Fee on or before||August 07, 2017|
The Master of Commerce (M.Com) is a 2 year full time campus professional program offered by the University designed to allow students to
acquire an applied understanding of business concepts and practices.