Message from Vice Chancellor
Dear Young Friends,
India is at a juncture, where a large population is making inroads into higher education every year. Since public institutions are few, private institutions like ICFAI University Mizoram (IUM) have stepped in to serve the growing demand for higher education and bridge the gap between academia and industry by creating a vibrant curriculum and enriching teaching-learning culture that inspires innovation and entrepreneurship. The ICFAI University Mizoram within a short span of 15 years has established itself as a leading institute providing quality higher and professional education in the region.
The University at present offers 10 post-graduate programs (MBA, MSW, M.Com, MA Pol. Sci., MA Eng., MA Edn., MA Hist., M.Sc. Geog, MA Eco., MA Mizo & Cul. Studies), and 7 under-graduate programs (BBA, BCA, B.Com, BA (Pol. Sci.), BA (Eng), BA (Geog), BBA-H & T), under: Faculty of Management, Faculty of Information Technology, and Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences. The University is likely to start new academic programmes like M.Sc. Math, B.A./B.Sc. Fashion Designing, and Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from this academic session. The process for the development of Learning Outcomes based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) for Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) at both UG and PG level is on, and is likely to be implemented from this session so as to allow students to explore themselves beyond their conventional degree programs, as well as to facilitate their national and international level mobility. The IUM envisions to be a top ranking private university of choice for students, staff and corporate, recognized for excellence in higher education and research relevant to social needs.
Thus there are multiple reasons why you should come and join IUM to realize your dreams at your door step amidst your own people and culture:
- ICFAI University Mizoram (IUM) is not alone; the ICFAI Society has 11 ICFAI Universities across India, and 9 ICFAI Business Schools (IBS), and If you wish you can pursue your further education in any of these institutions as per your convenience.
- It has the young, committed, and well qualified faculty
- Follows student centric approaches to teaching-learning and evaluation.
- The education you shall receive at IUM will not only open the door for you to top level positions in teaching and administration at state, national and international institutions / organisations, but will also develop in you leadership qualities, innovativeness, entrepreneurship and the required hard & soft skills to initiate your own start-ups.
- The national and international visibility of ICFAI Group will allow you to establish contacts with a variety of cultures, technologies, and societies which will go a long way in paving the way of your success.
- The success of IUM is mainly due to our students’ intelligence and hard work. Together with our great alumni, faculty, students, parents and staff, we are committed to cultivate an educational environment that will enable our graduates to grow academically & socially, and enable them to take up leadership role in their chosen professions and organisations.
- The University campus is free from the madding crowd, providing a serene and tranquil ambience in teaching, learning, and translation of knowledge. The lush green, beautifully landscaped campus is equipped with facilities that make campus life highly enjoyable.
The University has a vast resource of qualified and experienced teachers, who are committed to provide quality education and engage themselves in various academic activities, including research. The IUM focuses on creating a learning environment which offers all-round development of its students. We strongly believe in developing an entrepreneurial mindset among our graduating students. Our teaching and learning make our students to have the ability to take calculated risks, make decisions and own their work. Various extracurricular activities, cultural events, sports, educational tours, community services etc. are held at the University on a regular basis. Over the years, the University has successfully organized many state, national and international level seminars and conferences on relevant and contemporary areas of academic interest. Further, the process of preparing state, national and international level panels of visiting professors for each academic department is on, so as to expose our students to the best academicians, who will be interacting with our students online and offline. Beside, the IUM is also exploring the possibilities of pooling the faculty from other ICFAI Universities (on mutual basis) in the country as online visiting faculty for conduct of classes, panel discussions, team teaching, tutorial, mentoring of students, seminars, webinars, and joint supervision of dissertation of MA / MSc / M.Com / MBA.
The IUM is also working on the restructuring of its UG (3 year UG & 2 year PG; and 4 year UG & 1 year PG) and PG Programs as recommended by NEP 2020, and the same may be implemented in the near future. As the Vice-Chancellor of IUM, I am entrusted and committed towards achieving excellence in all its activities by providing easy and accessible leadership for its efficient management. And I would like to assure the students’ community and civil society that I will leave no stone unturned to give back another good university to Mizoram.
It is with pleasure that we do invite young ignited minds from all parts country and abroad in general, and Mizoram in particular to IUM to explore our offerings in the pages that follow, and assure everyone that we shall provide a global standard education & training and put our best efforts to make you excel in your respective domain of knowledge.
I once again welcome you all and wish a happy & fruitful stay at ICFAI University, Mizoram and extend my heartiest wishes for every success that you deserve.
Prof. R. P. Vadhera
ICFAI UNIVERSITY MIZORAM
The ICFAI University, Mizoram (hereinafter referred to as the University) was established under
the provisions of the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University, Mizoram Act 2006, (Act No. 4 of 2006), vide Notification No. B.12012/2/2006-EDC,