Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)Apply Now Download Application
|Admission Calendar for BSW Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed Application Form||July 22, 2022|
|Interview and Admission Decision on or before||July 29, 2022|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||July 29, 2022|
|Payment of First Semester Fee on or before||July 29, 2022|
|Reporting & Registration at the ICFAI University for submission of Certificates and Verification by producing originals||July 29, 2022|
|Late Registration||August 01, 2022|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||August 01, 2022|
About the Program
The Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) is a 3-year degree professional program offered by the University which focuses on theories and practices of social work. The program includes history, concept, philosophy and scope of social work practices with contemporary social issues, social development and policies. The course is designed to train students with social work knowledge, skills and ethics to become equipped professional social workers.
Passed in Class XII (any discipline) with minimum 40% aggregate marks. Final year students awaiting results may also apply.
Student who successfully complete the program will be awarded the "Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social Work" Degree by the University.
The BA (Honours) in Social Work program consists of 36 papers covered in 6 semesters spread over three years including an Undergraduate Dissertation and Block Placement/Internship. Students will be required to complete 22Core Papers in addition to 4 Discipline Specific Elective Papers, 2 Choice Based Electives Papers, 2 Skill Based Elective Papers and 6 Fieldwork Practicum. Students are required to complete a dissertation at the end of Year-III and summer block placement/internship after 6th semester exam.
|BA - Bachelor of Social Work|
|Electives: Choice Based Electives for the BA (Hons) course may be chosen from various fields offered by the University including Humanities and Social Sciences, Management and IT. The electives offered are subject to change based on the portfolio of subjects offered by the instructors.|
*The program structure is subject to change (if required).
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based UG and PG Programs offered by the ICFAI University, Mizoram. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Class XII with aggregate 40% and above (any discipline). Students awaiting final examination results are also eligible to apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by August 01, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum 40% marks. The registration of the applicants not meeting the criteria by September 17, 2022 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of applications and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Mizoram in any course of ICFAI University, Mizoram or in a constituent college, within the State of Mizoram, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
Attested Copies of Certificates :
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate / Class X Certificate
- Marks sheet of Class XII
- Degree Marks Sheet (as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Submission of Application Form :
Prospectus along with Application form can be obtained by payment of `300 by way of Cash. The completed Application Form for Admission may be submitted at:
Campus : Durtlang North, Aizawl, Mizoram - 796025
Phone : 9856891948
City Office : Chanmari Near HDFC Bank, Opp. KFC,
Phone : 9856891948
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iumizoram.edu.in
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹ 5,000 is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced. The last date for payment of Admission Fee is August 01, 2022. Admission fee is non-refundable.
Caution Deposit :
All students are required to pay a Caution Deposit of ₹ 5,000 along with the first semester fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.
Program Fee :
The Program fee includes Semester Fee and excludes the cost of courseware and other fee. Students should pay the Fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before August 01, 2022.
Students from State of Mizoram.
Students from States other than Mizoram.
|Fee Particulars||BSW (6 Semesters)|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||11,000||13,200|
|Total Program Fee (Rs.)||66,000||79,200|
All fee payments should be made to HDFC banks by challan which may be obtained separately from the University Accounts Department.
NJY Merit scholarships based on semester-wise performance is provided to students based on their performance in each semester for each class as fee waiver in the next semester. The details are presented in the following table:
|Applicable to||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship||Minimum CGPA|
Note: The number of students in each class should not be less than 10 to award the Scholarships.